MURRAY COUNTY JOB ANNOUNCEMENT
Murray County is taking applications for full-time Assessor Technician. Hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
To obtain an application and a detailed job description, contact Murray County Coordinator’s Office at 507-836-1149 or click the links below. Position open until filled, first review of applications will be February 24, 2017.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Maintaining field books by verifying calculations and updating information to ensure accuracy. Duplicating field cards when necessary.
- Respond to requests for information concerning property values, classifications, taxes, tax estimates, and CER information gathered from field books. Also, provide sales information from CRV’s.
- Clerical functions such as mailings, creating reports, typing correspondence, and maintaining office inventory.
- Computer maintenance, verification, and input on changes of ownership, values, status of property, CER, etc.
- Maintains and updates the Computer Assisted Mass Appraisal (CAMA) System. Prepare a list of building permits for local assessors to use in locating new construction on farm and lakeshore lots.
- Map out parcels of land and property splits by legal description with ArcView GIS to establish new CER values. Maintain sales study for appraisers and realtors using a computerized spreadsheet. Sales study is mailed out quarterly.
Qualifications: Minimum of a High School diploma/GED and two years relevant work experience. Valid driver’s license. Knowledge of Minnesota tax laws preferred. Must have excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office the ability to learn GIS, APEX sketching software, and tax program software. Effective communication and customer service skills, time management, and attention to detail required. Mathematical skills and ability to read legal descriptions required. Ability to obtain the Certified Minnesota Assessor (CMA) licensure within three years of date of hire required. Also obtain the Accredited Minnesota Assessor Licensure within four years of the CMA certification.
For detailed listing of duties and qualifications see job description.
Salary Range: $14.35 -$17.94 per hour
Contact: Murray County Coordinator’s Office, position open until filled, first review of applications will be February 24, 2017.