2480 29th Street
CHECK OUT THEIR WEBSITE HERE
We are the biggest little museum in Southwestern Minnesota. The museum has a collection of over 10,000 artifacts on display and a library that contains family histories, newspapers and census records.
Our museum began in 1952, when Paul Scherlie donated an old farm wagon. Later, Wm. Leebens, Fair Secretary, and Audrey James, County School Superintendent, let the Historical Society use a display area in the school exhibit building.
In 1957, we obtained the old fire hall, which we repaired and restored. Our present museum was built by the Historical Society and Murray County. It was completed in 1972, and was dedicated to Astronaut "Deke" Slayton on August 17, 1972. Donald K. (Deke) Slayton was one of America's original Mercury Seven astronauts. He flew on the Apollo-Soyuz Test Program, a joint U.S.-Russian space mission, in 1975. Since then, there have been many additions to our building.
Admissions: There is no charge, however, free will donations are accepted.
Displays of Special Interest to Visitors Include
Winter hours are subject to weather conditions
For special arrangements or tours, call 507-836-6533.
Loading script and Flickr images
Subscription Request Sent. Thank you!
Murray County Historical Museum