| Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
font-family:"Times New Roman";
Regular Meeting of the Shetek Area Water and Sewer Commission.
October 11, 2010
Members Present: Jamie Thomazin, Ted Haugen, Donna Kor, Dean Salmon, Dave Marks, Jon Hoyme
Members Absent: Jon Harback
Advisors: Chris Hansen, Bill Sauer, Jon Peterson, Heidi Winter, Dave Brown
Additional: Pat Malay from Quality Flow Systems
Ø Motion (10/11/10a) Moved by Jamie Thomazin, seconded by Dean Salmon to approve the agenda with additions. Motion carried unanimously.
Ø Motion (10/11/10b) Moved by Dean Salmon, seconded by Donna Kor to approve the minutes. Motion carried unanimously.
Ø Motion (10/11/10c) Moved by Jamie Thomazin, seconded by Dean Salmon to pay the invoice of $843.36 to Dan McDonald for services. Motion carried unanimously.
Ø Motion (10/11/10d) Moved by Dean Salmon, seconded by Donna Kor to pay the invoice of $883.65 to Murray Co. for 7/16-8/15 services. Motion carried unanimously.
Ø Motion (10/11/10e) Moved by Jamie Thomazin, seconded by Dean Salmon to pay the invoice of $883.65 to Murray Co. for 8/16-9/15 services. Motion carried unanimously.
Bill for $7045.00 to Brown Excavating for services paid as per contract.
Delinquent bills listing shared. Clients have 30 days to pay or it will be assessed. These will be addressed at next meeting.
1. Bill submitted by Roger Verly for damages shared. Dave Brown will follow up.
2. Lift station #1 pumps. Information and discussion with Pat Malay from Quality Flow Systems concerning the 3 pump failures. The first two were assembly flaws, the 3rd probably from lightening. Warranty is for 5 years. Service and repair options, training for Dave Brown, and a yearly maintenance 21 point check were discussed. The latter would be covered in the contract. The lightening damaged pump info will be shared with our insurance company, photos and description are available.
3. Heidi Winter shared possible funding options for expansion of the system.
4. O and M quote. Only one received was from Dave Brown. Jon Peterson will review the quote and specs and report next month.
5. Discussion with Jon Peterson and Dave Brown concerning expansion options. Jon Peterson will work on a preliminary engineering report and get back to us.
6. Pond road and road way repairs, in part from storms and part from heavy truck. Chris Hansen will check with Jim Reinert on possible disaster dollars.
Ø Motion (10/11/10f) Moved by Dean Salmon, seconded by Jon Hoyme to approved dollars not to exceed $3500 for repairs to be done or supervised by Dave Brown. Motion carried unanimously.
7. Issue of alarm panel unlocked and disarmed on Barstad property. It was agreed that all panels will be locked.
8. Discussed possible use of our ponds by Currie.
9. Ponds are being drained today.
10. MNWARN--disaster response coordination program was discussed. It seems like a good program to pursue.
11. Meter reading services-- still no contract.
12. Law suit--summons being reviewed, response hopefully next month.
13. Next meeting Jean Christoffels and a zoning representative will meet with us to talk about development issues in the district.
Next meeting: Nov. 8th, 4:00 PM
Ø Motion (10/11/10g) Moved by Jamie Thomazin, seconded by Dean Salmon to Adjourn.
Subscription Request Sent. Thank you!
Shetek Area Water and Sewer Meeting Minutes - October 11, 2010