Possible blue-green algae bloom in Current Lake
A blue-green algae bloom may be present in Current Lake, in Murray County, Minnesota. Blue-green algae can produce toxins that can make people and animals sick.
Be alert! Avoid water that:
- Is discolored or streaky
- Looks like spilled paint or pea soup
- Has floating scum, globs, or mats
- Has small green dots floating in it
- Do not swallow lake water or touch foam, scum, or algal mats
- Do not let pets swim in scummy water or lick algae off their fur
- Rinse fish with fresh, clean water and throw away guts before cooking and eating
- Do no swim in areas where you cannot see your feet in knee-deep water
Murray County is recommending that everyone (especially children and pets) stay out of Current Lake until conditions clear up.
When in doubt, stay out!