This past winter was one for the record books. If your blue 911 sign was damaged or is missing, please contact Carl Nyquist at email@example.com or call 507-836-1111.
The blue reflective signs seen throughout the rural areas of the County that display the address house number are called reflective 9-1-1 signs. These signs are extremely helpful to emergency personnel when responding to an emergency situation where every second counts.
Why address numbers are posted at the beginning of driveways:
- Emergency responders can only help you when they can find you!
- Having your address number visible provides easy identification for responders who may not be familiar with the area.
- Every second counts during an emergency. Address numbers allow emergency responders to save critical time, especially in reaching rural parts of Murray County.
- Homes are often hidden from view at the beginning of the driveway.
- Areas of Murray County have continued development, making it difficult to find new subdivisions and developments.